*Foreign Rights Executive*
Company: Ivy Press
Type: Foreign Rights & Permissions
Salary Description: Competitive
The Ivy Group, illustrated book publishers based in Lewes, near Brighton, is looking for a bright, energetic, focused sales person to join its busy rights department, selling the Ivy, Ilex and Ivy Kids lists to selected European markets. Foreign language skills are a definite advantage.
- proactively selling co-editions across a range of selected European territories
- maintaining and developing relationships with a wide customer base and seeking new customers and business opportunities to maximise sales
- attending international book fairs and undertaking regular trips to relevant territories
- liaising closely with the production department and other members of the rights team to coordinate co-editions
- providing regular market feedback and monthly sales reports
Skills & experience
- co-edition sales experience for an illustrated publisher
- ability to set and achieve annual sales targets, and to find new business opportunities in established markets
- excellent organisational and interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- proactive and target-driven team player
- foreign language skills are an advantage
If you think you meet the criteria and would like to join our team, please send your CV and covering letter stating current salary details and possible start date to Francesca Cawsey (email@example.com).
The Ivy Group, 210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2NS
Ilex Photo, publishers of internationally best-selling photography books need experienced freelance technical editors to support our team.
Us: Check out our website for what we do best – if you think your skills can help us put together cutting-edge photography and digital media books, then get in contact. http://www.ilex-press.com/type_of_book/ilex-photo/
You: Proactive problem-solver with experience in the area of digital photography, or related areas. If you’re a Photoshop guru, iPad aficionado, or Lightroom expert then let us know – we want specialists who’ll go the extra mile to get the information right. High standard of written English necessary, as well as the ability source images, and work logically and flexibly. Ability to work freelance in Adobe Indesign preferred.
If you think you meet the above criteria, please send a covering letter and CV to:
Natalia Price-Cabrera, Editor, The Ilex Press Limited, 210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2NS or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: N/A
Job opportunities with Ivy Group are also posted on our group website as well as being advertised in the national press.
If you’re interested in writing for Ilex, please contact either Adam Juniper (juniper at ilex-press.com) for photography or film related titles, or Nick Jones (jones at ilex-press.com) for everything else. Before you do, though, take a look at at our Write for us page.